Monday, October 22, 2012

First Act Nearly Compl- WHAT IS THAT?!

It's true. After nearly 18 months of work, Episode 1: Act 1 is very, very close to being done. A few little animation tweaks need to be made, and there's still some sound and music left to bring in, but we've pretty much got a watchable little piece of entertainment.

Now because animation is a pretty solitary process, I occasionally go insane. These bouts of madness manifest themselves in many different ways: unintelligible babbling, self-flagellation, conspicuously smelling people, baking cookies for the wrong holiday...the list goes on.

And sometimes I just do this:


This is an animation frame exported directly from Flash, and there is indeed something off about our good friend the Slumberjack. Every time I see this drawing, it becomes more odd and a unsettling, but I will not be changing it for the final animation.

That is because the camera will not capture any of this tomfoolery, cutting the frame off at the beefy Trogdor arm. Sometimes it's just fun to do stupid drawings to let off steam, and I wanted to share one.

There are actually a lot of little Easter eggs that will be on screen the final version, but in the meantime, this will be our little secret...


No comments:

Post a Comment