Sunday, September 9, 2012

Silly Human Sounds


  Well, it's been over a year since production started on AXES, and we're about to meet a major milestone: The halfway point! That is, the first act of two is very nearly done, and I don't think I find that disheartening. The good news is, this 15-minute chunk works nicely on it's own, perhaps even as a standalone pilot. More on that as it develops, but in the meantime, who wants to read a lil' filmmaking lesson?


  For those unfamiliar with the dialogue recording process for animation, there is an odd yet necessary practice of recording various grunts, groans, and screams for each character. On top of sounding like bizarre pornography outtakes, these miscellaneous exclamations do serve a greater purpose.

  Without these noises, our fight scenes would be awkwardly stoic, smaller moments would seem empty, and our characters would lose some of their personality. Without them, AXES wouldn't feel right, and you, our devoted audience, would notice. Also, I wouldn't have been able to make the following embarrassing little compilation featuring our talented cast. What good sports, I assume. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment