This past Sunday, against the stiff competition of the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards, the AXES OF EVIL pilot preview screened in front of a crowd of one solid dozen! Featuring the footage submitted to that pilot competition I've been droning on and on about, the screening was organized quickly, before AXES could possibly be eliminated from that pilot competition I've been droning on and on about.
![]() |
| I forgot to take pictures, but this was pretty much how it went down. |
Composed of AXES fans and members of the cast, the audience was a great group, and the response was indeed enthusiastic. Some highlights: "Congrats, it looks awesome!""So funny, can't wait to see what happens next." "I laughed my axe off!""Where's my credit?"
Most gratifying was the flurry of unforced laughter throughout the nine-minute preview. It's tough to step back after spending an hour matching mouth movements to a joke you could have sworn was funny six months ago, but regardless of where AXES goes from here, there's no better measure of success than a reactive audience. That and money.
In all seriousness, though, thank you to everyone who made it! Your laughter is why we're doing this in the first place. To those who couldn't make it, this won't be your last chance - there's definitely more to come. Much love.

No comments:
Post a Comment