Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All About ME!!

   I hope you've been digging the characters so far, but there's been a concern that things have been getting a little too exciting and interesting. To remedy that situation, I am now going to take the time to introduce myself. So begins the tale of Joey Abisso.
This is why I don't eat vegetables. We're kindred spirits.
  I was born in 1987 and raised in the bustling town of Andover, Massachusetts. It wasn't quite bustling enough, though, because immediately after high school, I moved to New York City. I did the whole college thing at NYU, where my skills as a filmmaker were nurtured, developed, and occasionally lauded. (My skills as a human pea-pod were not so well-received, but my heart wasn't in it by that point anyway.) It was during this time that "Axes of Evil" was developed with some good buddies, but this update is about me, not (gag!) others.

   Since then, I've been able to procure a few odd jobs with comparably odd people; screenwriting, animating, and lots and lots of babysitting. Having reaffirmed my belief that artists are bonkers, I figured it was time to commit myself to the flock and really dive into a project of my own, which leads us to now.
Forever a tourist.
   On "Axes of Evil," my current roles include head writer, designer, and animator. I am not alone in this, though, and some other members of the team will likely be introducing themselves shortly. So, um, yes...To conclude, I am an overall delightful fellow who enjoys movies, novels, writing, laughter, kittens, laughing kittens, beef, poultry, doodling, and brief walks on the beach. Thanks for indulging me.
Ta-ta! I'm off to Grey Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment